Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mujeres de Juarez


I have been inspired by the efforts of mothers, activists, protestors and the many missing women of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. My eyes have been opened. I now see in pink and black. I see in pink to understand what is known as femicide in Mexico, pink reminds me of the symbolic crosses seen as you enter the sandy deserts of Chihuahua and Juarez, and pink stimulates me to fight in the name of Justicia. I see in black to seek the murderers of over 400 women in the last decade, to see the blackness of silence, and to remind me of the women’s long walks home from the Maquiladoras. My mission: Justice. Justice for living in a country without fear. Justice for life and prosperity for the women of Juarez. Justice for the families who are victimized by the loss of a loved one. Creating social awareness is the first step, opening the eyes of others who also seek justice is my path.
Justicia

No comments:

Post a Comment